PLA Fiber are made from PLA (PolyLactic Acid). also PLA is made from corn. the fiber products are highly smooth and completely non-irritating to the skin, also they are 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- Fitment, For toy Filler Material Bedclothes.
Major applications for PLA fibers and non-wovens include, clothing and furnishings such as drapes, upholstery and covers. Some exciting potential applications include household and industrial wipes, diapers, feminine hygiene products, disposable garments, and UV resistant fabrics for exterior use (awnings, ground cover, etc.) among others .
- Denier: 4.5 D | 6.0 D | 9.0 D | 15 D
- Conventional color: Raw white | green | blue.
- PLA fiber are more hydrophilic than PET
- Low flammability and smoke generation characteristics.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable. PLA Fiber are made from PLA (PolyLactic Acid), also PLA is made from corn. the fiber products look and feel just like regular fiber, but they are 100% biodegradable and compostable. Corn is a renewable resource which makes corn fiber much more sustainable than regular fiber. Did you know that regular fiber is made from petroleum .
PLA Fiber is however biologically degradable, when subjected to the right conditions. It is therefore very well suited for waste treatment through composting. It will also improve the compost quality by increasing the C/N ratio in the organic waste. Because lactic acid is made out of natural sugar resources, which are in turn made by photosynthesis out of CO 2 in plants, the material can be regarded as “CO2-neutral” and therefore renewable.